In order to add or remove users to/from your WordPress website, you must have Administrator privileges. If you do not have this level of access to your website, please contact IDIS at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make these changes to your site.
The WordPress system is integrated with Passport York (PPY) for authentication. Please keep in mind the following:
- A Site Administrator can invite additional users to join a site, but valid Passport York user names must be used when new users are added.
- Each unique WordPress user is always associated with a unique email address.
- If a user is no longer associated with a valid Passport York ID, they will no longer be able to access the WordPress site they previously had access to, however, they will still be listed as a user.
- It is good practice to remove users who are no longer associated with the University in case the PPY account gets compromised at some later point.
- You may also need to remove a user if they no longer maintain content as a part of their job duties or if they have left your unit but not York University.