* For this to work, all items you want to have appear in the 'Featured News' area should be placed on the website as a 'Post' not as a 'Page'.
- Log into WordPress
- In the left navigation, click through Appearance > Widgets
- Click and drag the Widget labeled 'Recent Posts' to the area marked 'Right Sidebar Widget Area'
- Configure the Widget: add a title, make adjustments to show as many posts as you’d like (the default is 5), and whether or not you'd like the date to appear
- Click 'Save' and you're good-to-go.